Senator Jim Oberweis will host two free community events to help constituents better understand the federal Medicare program, and to learn more about preventing identity theft and consumer fraud.
On October 15, Senator Oberweis will host a Medicare Informational Seminar from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Oswego Public Library, Oswego Campus, 32 W. Jefferson St. in Oswego. Facilitated by AARP, the Medicare Seminar includes information about who is eligible, coverage details, and how to get help with out-of-pocket expenses.
On October 21, Senator Oberweis will host an Identity Theft and Consumer Fraud Prevention Program from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the St. Charles Public Library, Huntley Meeting Room, 1 S. 6th Ave. in St. Charles. The Program’s topics will include:
- How you can protect yourself, your friends and family from scam artists and fraudulent businesses.
- How to avoid identity theft.
- How to check your credit report.
- Your rights under the new credit card rules.
- How to file a consumer fraud complaint.
For more information, call Senator Oberweis’ office at 630-800-1992.