Area fire departments to receive portion of $2 million in funding
Senator Paul Schimpf (R-Waterloo) is recognizing the hard work of area firefighters who recently earned grant funding for their departments. The Office of the State Fire Marshal has recently determined the recipients of the Fiscal Year 2018 Small Equipment Grant Program.
There are 100 departments taking a share of the $2.2 million in awarded funds, including eight recipients in and around District 58. Senator Schimpf wants to acknowledge the winners in his district and express appreciation for the work they do.
Local grant recipients:
- Gorham Volunteer Fire Department, Gorham
- Jefferson Fire Protection District, Mt. Vernon
- Ware-Wolf Lake Fire Protection District, Wolf Lake
- Valmeyer Fire Protection District, Valmeyer
- Ellis Grove Volunteer Fire Department, Ellis Grove
- Sparta Fire Department, Sparta
- Camp Jackson Fire Department, Cahokia
- Libory Fire Protection District, St. Libory
The Office of the State Fire Marshal awards the grants on an annual basis. This year’s list of winners was shared during a press conference with Senator Schimpf at the Collinsville Fire Station on Tuesday, July 17.
About Senate District 58
The 58th Senate District includes all or parts of Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, Randolph, Monroe, St. Clair, Washington, and Union Counties and represents more than 220,000 Illinois citizens. Discover more at senatorschimpf.com and find him on Facebook.